Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday's Chain

Sprucing and springing is today's theme.Be sure to head over to Gable House Musings blog to follow the chain

I do not really decorate for the seasons but here are a few spring touches.





I love this time of year as the produce department seems to come to life. I have always loved fruits and vegetables but with a recent health scare I have decided to make big changes in my diet and eat only plant based meals. It is more for my need to have the feeling of control,it can only benefit me and my family.


I went out and bought a juicer this morning. I have always been one to eat my veggies and fruit but with all my recent reading I felt it would be a way to get the vegetables I do not eat but know they hold so many cancer fighting nutrients into me. I enjoy cooking and do not feel the need to follow recipes...I guess it isn't the same with juicing. My first attempt made 8 cups and it tasted like what fresh cut grass smells like! I did drink it all but I am sure a recipe will make it much more enjoyable...fingers crossed.

12 comments:

  1. We eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies, especially since hubby's heart surgery. We have thought about juicing. Let us know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoyed seeing your touches of spring, Audrey - so fresh and light. And those fruits and veggies look soooo good. I should eat more fruits and veggies, and I really do enjoy them - but, given the choice between "good" and "not-so-good," I usually don't make the wisest of choices. :o Happy Tuesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like most veggies, so I will pass on that "delectable sounding" concoction [even though I do LOVE the smell of a freshly mown lawn ;)], my friend. I am happy to see you blogging and hope to see you again soon, too!

      ♥, Lynne

      Delete
  3. Love your touches of spring...I too chose not to put out many spring items. Love the colors of all your fresh produce and as they say the more colorful they are the better for you...keep mixing them in your new juicer and you will find the right delightful healthy drink. Let us all know how you make out as you experiment...hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful spring touches. All the home needs after a long winter is a touch of color. Thanks for sharing. I love the fruit. Yummy, I may need to head to the kitchen for a little before bed snack. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Audrey. I just love the flowers and the food looks yummy!!!

    Thinking about you and sending you hugs,
    doreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pallet of spring time is lovely from your pretty floral touches to the scrumptious colors of your new diet ..Looks Yummy! I applaud your taking charge Audrey.. YOU CAN DO IT! -BIG HUGS FOR THE HANNAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, Audrey~
    Pretty spring touches~ the fruit & veggies are a wonderful way of sprucing up your healthy eating~ I too applaud you for making the changes~
    prayers & blessings to you~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just switched to eating way more fruits and salads and very little meat. I've added about a cup of spinach to fruit smoothies without being able to really notice it in there. Love your box of herb plants and the rusty rabbit among the paperwhites! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  9. my hubby bought a really nice juicer and did it for 10 days straight to "detox"... he felt GREAT and lost 15#.... he felt so good after it he really started eating more "whole" foods and organics bc he realized what the junk was doing to his body! good for yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Audrey ~ I love your Spring decor. Fruits and Vegetables are Huge must haves in our home. I just Love them...the darker the better. And, the pictures of your salads look so good. These are the reason I so look forward to Spring...all the wonderful and healthy things it brings us. Stay focus on the benefits of what you are doing.

    Hugs, Prayers, Blessings are being sent your way.

    Marlene
    p.s. Thanks for the help in solving todays Lunch dilemma. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete