Monday, July 18, 2011

What's new???

I am the first to admit I am not a great blogger. I so enjoy reading about others adventures but when I go out and about I am to caught up in the moment to take pictures. The next thing i enjoy reading about is decorating and projects so I will fill you in with whats new at my home.
We built our home in 1999. At that time my taste was country. Blue being my favorite color. I choose my floor in a white laminate that had faux grey grout and blue in each corner to create a quilt pattern. Just lovely and it went so well with the blue counter tops and blue carpet. I also had a beautiful pale yellow sofa then. Needless to say my taste has changed but until something breaks there is no sense in replacing appliances. We still have children at home and are a one income family.
Whoo hoo my refrigerator went....yes I was upset at the expense but God is good and had it happen at a time when I had the cash to go out and replace it. I never liked the side by side I had. I cannot tell you how many times I hit my elbow on the door as it was never quite wide enough. My teenagers joke about me yelling out I hate this refrigerator!!! My husband picked it out and has never heard the end of it LOL....
Being a family of 5 plus my Mother here everyday,(That is a Blessing).We needed a refrigerator right away. I was fortunate enough to find a floor model being discontinued. It was a model that wouldn't be in my price range any other time....more proof God is good!! I love it.
My dishwasher has not worked well for awhile so I no longer used it....good reason to replace it as well....not to mention the box made a wonderful play house!
I also am waiting on a stove due to be delivered on August 10th. This of course made the white floor SCREAM!!! My wonderful Hubby spent yesterday,our anniversary replacing it. What a wonderful gift.

Oh and I also replaced my old sofa,not the yellow it has been gone for a while now...with this wonderful piece from ANGEL HOUSE DESIGNS.
A close up of the fabric...
My pockets are empty but I am so pleased with the changes. I hope all is well in your life.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Audrey...I like all of your changes. that is the kind of refrigerator I would like someday too.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey,
    I can't wait to see a picture of it all put together! Looks like it will be wonderful...I am happy for you. God does have a way.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want that same fridge, but until my white one goes we'll live with it. The freezer on the bottom is wonderful! Glad it decided to quit when you were able to replace it. Living without the dishwasher? NOT at my house! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily, I don't need ALL the appliances, but a dishwasher and a new kitchen floor are definitely on the "must/want to replace" list! What did you finally decide on for the DW? Do you like it? Love that floor...is it a laminate as well? Mine is about 30 yrs. and in sad shape.
    Happy Anniversary again...you really scored with that hubby! LOL!

    ♥, Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. All is looking good. Love your new couch. The fabric is beautiful. The flooring is lovely & will really set of your black appliances. Happy Anniversary! Blessings!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey how exciting!! I can't wait to see it all together as well...You are right GOD is GOOD!!! I got the same fridge you got only mine is white off from Craigslist for 1/4 of the price they go for...I LOVe it, you will too!!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased it is all coming together in the kitchen. I thought it looked great before but I know these colors are more to your liking so I am thrilled for you!

    Love the new sofa too...wonderful fabric! I love it when nice things come to nice people! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is good! Wonderful changes and they came at just the right time for you. God's timing is perfect!
    Everything looks great and I know you are so happy. Happy Anniversary, by the way.
    Enjoy your new goodies!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete