Sunday, March 27, 2011

Country Antiques show 2011

Saturday was a wonderful day spent with girlfriends and Antiques. What more can you ask for? We headed out early to the Country Antiques show in Danielson Ct. I am one to just enjoy the day and not take pictures but luckily Linda *Behind My Red Door* knew I was going and reminded me she wanted to see pictures. Here are the few I took.









I saw this butter mold and wanted it so much. Those are my initials, maiden name. My husband always writes A.F. +R.H. The price tag prevented it from coming home with me but I cannot get it out of my mind!!

I did bring home two treasure from this show. The spoon is so smooth from being used.
This wonderful board was a great price in fact I saw one like it at a shop later in the day for $70.00 more than what I paid and truly wasn't as nice.
After the show we headed to other antique shops in the area. I saw so many wonderful things but it was love at first site when I laid eyes on this piece!!
I had seen a piece like it on a photo shoot for the magazine and thought I hope someday I could own a piece like it. It is a childs size step back. I have not decided where it will live in my home yet so this is the picture from the shop. The pure joy it brought to my heart seems wrong since it is only a "item" but I tell you it is better than any drug they could sell. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.

9 comments:

  1. Love the little blue cupboard!!!! That antique show looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling! What a great show!! So happy you found that wonderful child's cupbaord!! ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you found, but I think the child's cupboard is my favorite. I love the color of it. I cannot wait to see where you put it.

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific finds! The cupboard is the best color blue and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun time! Love the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that little blue stepback cupboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cupboard is the best! Love it!I hope you get the board too.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a little stepback cupboard and it brings that feeling to me too.I had to think about it several weeks before I decided to buy it.I thought about it everyday till I finally went and put a deposit on it.I've had it awhile now and I still get that happy feeling everytime I look at it.Wonderful prim goodes at that show.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girlfriends and antiques... truly nothing better! Well, besides lots of money to go with, haha! What an awesome show, I see lots of things I would love to bring home with me. Love the child step back, awesome piece, beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete