Sunday, January 16, 2011

My latest finds....

Just wanted to share a few new to me treasures. last week I ended up at a consignment shop I do not usually go to due to it's location. I "found" this wonderful piece. I call it a cutting board I have also seen it called a peel....I just know I love it. The patina is so warm.

Another wonderful addition was a love present from my husband. He said when he saw it he knew I would love it..... He was right!!!
Here is a close up so you can see the texture....
Today my daughter went out hunting with me. We enjoyed the day together so my items are just a bonus...I found these 2 little lights quite reasonably priced at a consignment shop. I seem to have a weakness for lighting. I am happy to have bought them but will admit I have many lamps and electric candles tucked away in closets and cabinets...lol I am sure I am not alone.

As I paid for them I spotted across the room hanging from the ceiling( which is why I had originally walked by without seeing it)this wonderful piece...


I feel like I have seen one before but have not had luck on my on line search...if you know who sells them please let me know. I would love to know how well I did.

The last thing I wanted to share is best described as making lemon aide from lemons! I had seen dried carrots at a photo shoot I was on back in October. I loved them however when I searched on line and saw what the sell for I couldn't get past what I pay for fresh carrots in the grocery store. I decided I would just put them on a cookie sheet in a low temp over. I then went off to bed. I dreamed of fresh baked bread and then finally awoke to the entire home smelling of baked bread...quite yummy smelling.However it was way to long as the carrots look like this...
I am kinda quirky and think they look neat so I put them in a old blue canning jar and added them to my buttery!
Until next time,Thanks for stopping by.

15 comments:

  1. Love your board, Audrey. I am sure that is what they call a peel, but I, like you, would call it a cutting board. It is a beauty. Also, you are right about having lots of little accent lights tucked away everywhere. They are just so darn cute, and you just have to switch 'em out once in awhile!

    Have a great week!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new finds especially the bench! Your husband has good taste! I hope you have a great week!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great goodies Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutting board is wonderful! I've been looking for one just like that for awhile.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey! I LOVE it all! You aren't quirky, you are original! I would love them too!
    I LOVE the lights! I too have a weakness for lighting, I have lots of lights, I just like them. You found some real nice treasures!
    I think they look great where you placed them.
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never find that neat of stuff at consignment shops you lucky little thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey, love all your new goodies, especially the board. I have a collection of them too and you can never have too many. Enjoyed my visit while I had my coffee. A good way to start the day. Had to laugh at your carrots though. LOL Have a great week.
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds - I especially like the peel, but the love find and the time with your daughter are the best! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'Morning, Audrey: WOW! How do you find such good stuff at a Consignment Shop??? Love the "Peel" and the little lamps. Looks like a lot of us like those little guys. I love to show them in bookcases and china cabinets. And a day with your daughter...I am so envious!
    Thanks for sweet comments on my blog...
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Audrey
    The carrots, for one I love carrots something about them( cute) and your's well I think they are perfect in the jar!
    What wonderful finds! OH, that cutting board,love love it, did I say if you get tired of it send it my way!
    Hubby has great taste yep!
    enjoy
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audrey, I love your board and the bench from your hubby - and how wonderful to get to spend a day with your daughter. The carrots are very interesting - never thought of drying carrots.

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your new goodies. Your hubby sounds so wonderful~love the little stool he bought for you.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your goodies, awesome finds! Your hubs did an excellent job too. The carrots look cute in the jar but never heard of them.
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I had to laugh at your carrot story. It sounds like something I would do. I think they look cool in the jar, I'm sure they are a great addition to your buttery.

    I love "love presents". Hubby did a great job! You found some wonderful pieces and had a great day with your daughter, doesn't get much better than that, does it? =]

    ReplyDelete