Monday, October 25, 2010

Tuesday's chain #5

I am so pleased it is once again Tuesday.Time for Misi's chain.
I am looking forward to reading every ones post.
On the off chance someone reading mine today is unfamiliar with this chain, click on Misi's name and it will take you to her blog.Once there, you read the comments as a map of where to go.

Today's Theme is Souvenir. I instantly knew what I wanted to share.
My husband is my first love. We went to school together and we became boyfriend and girl friend in Jr High.
Here we are ...

And at my sister's wedding

Okay you are wondering where I am going with this post I am sure.
Well as with most young love, stuff happens and you part ways.
Once reunited we knew it was a forever love and we married.

On our wonderful day my niece presented us with a beautiful home made card. Beth colored a wedding cake on the front, so sweet. Inside held this SOUVENIR she had found days earlier in the pond in front of my parents home.It was the coin we made at the amusement park so many years ago as young lovers. Now mind you the pond is large and people boat on it daily. The odds of finding this in it 13 years later...I can't imagine. To me this was a God wink. Letting me know this is truly a blessed union.

It is hard to see in the picture but means the world to us . We keep it framed for safe keeping.

Well Thanks for letting me share my love story...like all marriages there is good days and bad ,sickness and health. I am so Blessed to share it with this man.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. I agree that had to be Divine intervention. TFS
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey,
    My husband and I made one of those back in the "Dark Ages" when we were dating down at Salisbury Beach. It says Lynne loves Dee Always! I have had it on my key ring for over 40 years. How funny that our souvenirs are the same! I am happy that yours was found and what a nice idea to frame it. Have a wonderful day!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey ~ How Romantic! Enjoyed the story and you were so pretty on your wedding day.Harvest Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful souvenir!! Your wedding picture is just gorgeous! He's a handsome guy!
    TFS your wonderful souvenir!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful love story! I just love hearing about true loves, so touching!
    The coin is just perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing this, we all need to hear about true loves, the romantics in all of us!
    have a great Tuesday, & stop by my blog,
    Hugs to you & your hubby,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet is that? I love the sharing of these stories. Misi really called it this week.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey I loved this! What are the chances of finding that coin unless God had His hand in it....and we know He did! Just heartwarming! What a beautiful couple and what a gorgeous bride you were! Hugs to you!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. AUDREY WHAT A GREAT STORY!

    THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING PICTURE OF YOU.
    I'D SAY THATS A PRETTY SPECIAL "SOUVENIR"

    HUGS,
    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh Audrey...I love the sweet photos of you & your first love. I'm so glad you shared them. Your story of the coin is amazing...that's one very special souvenir. :)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Audrey, God is good! What a beautiful story.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Audrey that is BEAUTIFUL! Love hearing stories like this! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day ~ Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful story, Audrey. I love the way you have framed your special souvenir.

    ReplyDelete