Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Display chain #2



Once again,I am taking part in Misi's ,1890Gable House Musisngs, display chain.
This week the theme is something only you could love.This brought many things to mind. I first considered the Tennyson's Birthday book I have, the cover is no longer fully attached. The birthday dates in it are all around 1874, there is a little photo of a female tucked inside. such a neat personal item I had to have it.
Next I thought of the little leather bound Bible I have from 1890. Well loved well read. The original owners name inside. However I think we all have a love for these old treasures and the history they hold so I needed a more personal item . I decided to use my Teddy bear. The feeling I get when I see him brings tears to my eyes. He now wears baby clothes to keep his stuffing inside. Baby booties on his feet. I keep him in my hope chest at the end of my bed for safe keeping. As a child I spent every day loving him. I remember playing cowboy's and Indians with him and using lipstick to make the marks where the arrows got him. His tummy wore away to nothing so he has a New pink fur tummy just to keep him in tack. He also has a patch sewn on by my oldest sister to keep is neck closed. It is funny how much you can love a object but I do. If we had a fire and I knew my family was safe outside, this is what I would want to save. In this photo he sits in my childhood rocker my father bought for me.

8 comments:

  1. What a special bear and beautiful rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious little Teddy, sounds like he has been through a lot of fun & lovin! Love the story, especially lipstick for the arrow wounds(how cute & creative!)The rocker is so... pretty!
    thanks so much for sharing!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT MEMORIES AND THE BEAR AND THE CHAIR OH MY! THIS IS A FUN THING TO DO. THANKS FOR SHARING YOURS WITH EVERYONE!

    HUGS,
    LORI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I can see how well loved he was and still is. What a wonderful piece of your history this bear will tell. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet memories with your special bear. Love your little rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet. You can tell how much your tattered teddy has been loved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is so cute and so well loved! This is what primitive is at it's finest!! Loved, torn and tattered! We all try to make that apperance on things for the "look", but it is so much more special when it happens over time and on it's own!

    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete