Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wonderful Wool

Boy oh boy has it been hot. Sunday we brought our daughter Allison to college. What a hot and humid day to be moving. This is our oldest so we had no idea what was in store. Hurry up and wait seemed to be the theme of the day. Although she had a set move in time so did so many others. We loaded her items into a big bin and then waited in a line that went at a snails pace. They provided cold water thankfully.

After getting things into her room we toured the campus and then enjoyed a B.B.Q.


I will miss her but know this is a great fit for her.
My boys started school, one on Tuesday and the oldest today. However they came home with notes sating due to the heat they will be dismissed early tomorrow.They already had Friday and Monday off so it leaves one thinking why did they go in before Labor day????
Fortunately I made the most of my freedom....I mean free time ;) today. I picked up my Mom and we headed to our favorite quilt shop. The Quilted Crow in Boxborough.What a wonderful shop, a wool lovers dream.They have a great selection of Punch needle supplies and beautiful fabrics.







As you can see it is a wonderful shop. Please visit it if you can and if you are to far away be sure to check out the web site.
I of course did my part to stimulate the economy. I was able to pick up the new book "Comfort Zone" by Maggie Bonanomi. I picked up some wonderful wool to start a project from the new book as well as 3 fat quarters for another project.


What a wonderful time we had there so we headed over to my favorite Antique shop next.


So many wonderful things to see and covet there.
We headed out to lunch and then home to to greet the boys.


I had a great visit with my friend Linda last week. We headed off to a few great shops in my area. Linda blogged about our day and mentioned my home. This made me think I should post a few pictures.
My dining room is my favorite room in the house. It is bright and a favorite spot to do handy work








A few shots of my living room.






The hallway in the kitchen to the bath .
e

My most used room,the bathroom.



Hope you enjoyed the tour.
It was nice to see a few new followers this past week.Thank you to all of you that follow me.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Audrey you have so many great collections!!! I LOVE all of your crocks and jugs. Your home is beautiful thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us.

    Blessings,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! I love all of your collections! You should link this post to my last one wiith the prim challenge. The challenge is to show off your collections! LOL!

    Your home is lovely! Something prim & homey in every corner. I really enjoyed the tour!

    I hope your daughter enjoys college and does well with her courses. And your sons, as well.

    Have a great day!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collections!!! Thank you for sharing pictures of your beautiful prim home.

    ReplyDelete