Thursday, July 22, 2010

How is your summer?



I just wanted to pop in and say Hello. The summer seems to be flying by.
It has been a warm one for sure. I have spent the last three weeks at the skate park with one more week to go until skate camp is over. I am making the most of my time there. I bring along my "hooking" and get alot done in the 3 1/2 hours.

I will start my turkey today.

With summer reading a must , my seven year old got his own library card this week and checked out his own books. Very exciting!

Last week end was our wedding Anniversary. We had planned a year ago that we would go back and walk the rail road tracks. This is where we lost my promise ring 30+ years ago. How romantic...well it was all over grown and in the process we came across the skull of a dog as well as a decaying skunk. I knew going we would never find the ring but how sweet my husband was to suggest we look. We did bring home something to remember the day.

On Sunday we went to the flea market. It is only the second time I have made it there this season. I hope to get back in the swing of weekly trips.
Here is just a bit of what i found.

I was able to get the 3 crocks and bowl for 25.00!!! Whoo hoo that is a great buy.
I saw this and for some reason loved it. The feel of the wood aged so smooth. I do not know what it is..I was thinking maybe to use with flax? Hopefully someone will know and tell me. I added it to a group of stuff so I do not have a price I paid for it but it wasn't much. What will I do with it??? well put it next to the rail road spikes I have nothing to do with!! LOL...



We had a Birthday to celebrate on Sunday. Happy Birthday Eric, we love you.

Yesterday was spent with good friends. Enjoying good food and making wonderful memories. As we left her home I spotted this sweet little fellow .I think he may have been the velveteen rabbit.

My hope is that you all are making the most of your summer. Thank you for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome finds, Love the crocks. I can't wait to see your finished turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about your ring, but how nice to make the walk. We are not allowed to walk along our tracks anymore. I have lived here for 55 years and the tracks are only about a football field length from my house. We used to walk along them all the time as children and teens...now the RR has made it illegal with a heavy fine, so lots of blueberries and blackberries are now going to some happy birds...

    Love your finds...


    Lynne
    dlynne172@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Audrey look at those goodies you found at the flea market! I'm long overdue for finding some prim goodies!

    Love that your 7 year old loves Curious George books! I can't wait until Luke is into those! Both Colt & Joy loved them! There's something special about having your own library card and making trips to the library and choosing books to share together!

    Hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Oh, and love your rug hooking too! That's something I've never tried!

    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete