Friday, March 19, 2010

wool cutter


I just bought a wool cutter. I have made a few pieces using wool I cut into strips both with scissors and using a rotary cutter with ruler. However two weeks ago I bought a kit with pre cut strips and loved the ease of the perfect strips.
I checked on line prices for cutters. My favorite quilt shop said she would get me one . I was excited . Her price would save me money as it was cheaper than on line plus no shipping. Two weeks into it she called to say the price had gone up from 165.00 to 230.00 so she didn't get it with out my approval. Good! I went back online how ever it was now 230.00 there as well.

As I checked different sites I came across Green Mountain Hooked rugs.
There I found the same model at a much better price. I paid through pay pal . I am thinking how wonderful It is located in Vt , I could maybe have it by Saturday.
I had ordered it mid morning Wed and had a email at 1:05 that day saying it was being processed and would be mailed out that day.

Quite excited I visited a great quilt shop in N.H. I hadn't been to since before the winter. I looked at the beautiful wool ,wonderful patterns and made plans in my mind of future creations.
I then headed to a thrift shop to buy wool skirts, such a better value. I did well and headed home. When I arrived the mail had come and there was my cutter!! Barely 24 hours later !!! I am so delighted. So please if you Hook check out her site and know what great service you will receive.

Enjoy your day, I will spend mine cutting wool.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the info.rug hooking is something i want to learn to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun cutting your wool and hooking. I didn't realize you were a hooker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Audrey,Ihope one day you can teach me how to do this,I use yarn so the wool is a new thing to me. I would love to get a lesson from you. You do such wonderful work.

    Hugs,
    tricia

    ReplyDelete