Monday, March 1, 2010

What's going on at my home.


Happy March 1 st. I can't believe it is here already. Yes I am getting spring fever. I realize more snow will come ,as it is only march but I feel spring will be here in no time now.
I have already signed up my youngest for T ball and Hubby has already been to softball meetings and indoor batting practice, so this is all the proof I need.
Robert, my husband loves his softball. He plays on 2 teams each season( was so glad when it became just 2 teams).
He has been playing since graduating high school. I have great memories of bringing babies to games. My daughter Allison was the team mascot and I made her a cheer leader outfit with matching coat in the team colors.
They won the championship that year and she was in the team photo that appeared in the news paper. She was just 3 and it seems like it was yesterday. However time gets away from me, she is in her senior year of high school and preparing for college.




Softball season starts early spring and goes to the fall. Anything I hope to get done, goes around softball. Our wedding date was decided around that years softball schedule!! Needless to say I have my husband repainting now . I knew if it was put off any longer it would not get done.
When we built the house the walls where linen white with white trim. After a few years I picked a yellow that I loved at the time. Now so many years later I am so over the yellow!
I picked a Martha Stewart color called Bone folder which is a warm white. I then picked snail shell which to me is the color of mud dried on my husbands boots...sounds pretty huh? I love it.
He will paint the tops white and put the darker on the bottom then add a chair rail. We have a colonial so the floor plan makes each room need to be the same to flow well.
I feel bad as it is a big job, but I am a very impatient , sloppy painter. Robert started in the small bathroom yesterday. It took all day.... it looks great!!!
Amazing the difference a little Patience can make.




What a difference. so bright and clean. It is a big job and I have so much to move out of the way . Gee I sure love "stuff"!!!
It is a perfect time to do this . We all seem to crave change as the seasons do.
This new clean look is a perfect way to start my spring.
I'll keep you updated on the changes.

7 comments:

  1. Oh My!!! What a gorgeous color combo Audrey!! I love it! Dried mud or not!! Can't wait to see it all done.

    We plan things around golf in this house sometimes. I'd rather watch softball though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, I guess we all like Dried Mud! Looks great - can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Audrey, just came upon your blog and I'm so glad I did!! I have enjoyed seeing your creations-I especially love your stitcheries and that picture of the house. Your painting project looks great:)
    If you get time, please visit,
    Blessings, Shazy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey the color looks fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey, I LOVE that color. Oh, I need to go out and get some for my main floor. We are so in need of new paint. Right now none of my rooms have the same color. Oh, boy this is going to be a big job. I have been waiting for the right color, so now no more putting it off.

    Have a great day!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! Great choice in colors Audrey!! The pics of your hubs and young'un are absolutely precious!
    I too am tickled pink with this warm weather. Man, after all the snow we had this winter we sure could us it. Thanks for stoppin' by my blog! :> )
    God bless,
    ~Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how quickly time passes - it doesn't seem long at all since Allison was 3 does it? Part of me misses those days, but I sure am proud of the beautiful, talented, compassionate young woman she's become.

    (I'm pretty proud of her mom, too. oxo)

    ReplyDelete