Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Christmas Thoughts , My version.




I was reading over at "our really empty nest" http://ahrfamilyproperties.blogspot.com/

Some Christmas thoughts. I really enjoyed it so at the end when she asked others to join in I thought I would.


(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?

I admit I am a junkie when it comes to watching all the Christmas movies . AbC family and Hallmark channel but to pick a favorite I would have to pick the animated " The Grinch who stole Christmas."
I loved it as a child and my older sister taped the audio on her tape recorder and I would listen to it before bed. It is something I still watch every year .

(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?

Can't think of one

(3) What is your favorite Christmas Song?

And so this is Christmas is one of my very favorite.

(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?

That country song about buying the dying mom new shoes. I just can't handle it and cry . I have to turn the station!!

5) What is your favorite Christmas drink?

EGG NOG YUMMY!!!!

6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?


The year that i saw a beautiful doll at a craft fair with my mom but knew we didn't have the money for it....that Christmas morning it was under the tree. It still brings tears to my eyes.

7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?

I have to be honest and say the gift of Our Lord and Savior
Not a toy but a true gift I hope you have accepted as well.

9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?

I love the true meaning of Christmas and the ones who know this and extend a helping hand to those in need.
It is about giving not receiving. It doesn't need to be much to really make a difference.

10) What annoys you about the holidays?

When I am told what to give a person. A gift should be what you want to do.

11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?

depends on the year and the mood.I haven't decided this year...stay tuned!!

(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?

My aunt's Swedish bread

13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?

I would like to say a who but my family reads this so the truth is a Grinch. Holidays get me very cranky. I JUST STRESS A LOT

14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?

Love driving the around with the kids looking at all the bright lights and the colored ones make us oh and ah but for my home it is just a candle in each window .

15) Santa's at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?

Love it. I still have the picture of me and my sister when I was just 3
HATE the cost!!

16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?

No I don't send them.

17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?

The warmth and love that fills the heart

18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?

All the pressure to spend, spend, spend

19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?

After Thanksgiving the decorations go up. The family Christmas tree will go up the second week of December and down the day after Christmas everything else stays through January.

20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?

A partridge in a pear tree...I love fruit!!

(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?

Dementia

22) Who is your favorite reindeer?

Clarice...Rudolph's girlfriend

24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?

cinnamon and cloves

25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?

PEACE ON EARTH , Good will to man


Would love to hear what you choose.

4 comments:

  1. This is a very cool post!!!!!
    Love your sis,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!! It really tells a lot about you Audrey and none of it surprised me. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, Thanks for visiting my blog and for giving us a little insight into the real you! I almost said Clarice too, lol! sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey,
    Your post was really neat!What made me happy this Christmas Season was sharing that WONDERFUL experiance(Home Tour) with you, and Linda!!What fun we had!!

    ReplyDelete