Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scrooge anyone?


Where does the time go? I have been getting up and getting my youngest off to school and then heading to my parents home all week. I have really enjoyed the time with them and am quite pleased to be able to help out. Still,Somehow it seems like where did the week go?

I did get over to my friends home for our Christmas exchange. Jacqui and I have been friends since we were 14 years old. We had such a nice time and she gave the most thoughtful gifts. Her home was decorated so nice for the Holidays. Jacqui just adores Scrooge...A Christmas Carol, and has been collecting this theme for some time. Her tree is full of the most wonderful unique Scrooge and Marley and all the others as well as beautiful other themed ornaments. She was kind enough to allow me to take a few pictures to share with you.
In her foyer she has a table with her minature Halmark tree and ornaments. We both purchased these together quite a few years ago. We have so many memories of Halmark shopping together and getting up early the day after Christmas to get 1/2 price ornaments. I didn't put mine out this year so I really enjoyed seeing hers.

As you enter her living room she has this wonderful cabinet that usally is full of Willow tree figurines but now for the Holidays host her Byers Choice figurines.



Jacqui has little displays all around her home. It is a good size place so it flows well and doesn't look cluttered.

This is the WE FOREST FOLK collection. I just adore them but they are just too expensive for me to buy. I dream of her tireing of them and passing them along but I don't see that happening! I am sure her daughter would get first dibs if she did.

This is her formal tree. Oh how beautiful.This picture doesn't do it justice.






This is the scrooge village displayed in her kitchen.




Well this is just a taste of her decorating. Her family room has another tree with colored lights and special family ornaments as well as her Anna Lee's collected over the years. I decided to end with this beautiful nativity that she recieved from her sister, baby Jesus will be added for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a good week as well.

3 comments:

  1. What fun to have such a long time friend!! I really enjoyed seeing her collections too!

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see Jacqui's things! :D
    I'm sorry you're feeling rushed now but I really appreciate all the time you've been spending in Ayer. *hug* See you Friday! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. your friend's house is just lovely. i didn't realize there was so much "scrooge" out there. denise

    ReplyDelete