Monday, December 28, 2009

My Happy Holiday





I hope you all had a safe and Merry Christmas.
I am very Blessed that we had another great Christmas with My father. He is very sick but was able to spend time with us and we even snapped a few pictures. I love having family pictures but after losing his hair from chemo he isn't as comfortable with them.


Christmas eve we went to my mother in laws to exchange gifts. It was a nice time.



My children are ages 18, 14 and 6. I woke up to the 14 year old next to my bed and then heard the 18 year old stirring around so at 6 a.m I had to wake my 6 year old. Kids are funny I would have expected the 6 year old to be the first one up.
We headed down to see if Santa came....good news.
I let them look in their stockings but then we light the candles on the cake and sing Happy Birthday Jesus. Santa is fun but it is important to me that my children know the reason for Christmas.


We had some happy children that day.



Then it was off to my parents home. What a wonderful day.



Me with my sisters , I am on the right. and we got a great shot of all the grandchildren. They are growing up so fast.


My hope is this new year holds good health and joy for you all.

I just had to end with this picture of my baby girl with her daddy.

5 comments:

  1. What a heartwarming post Audrey. Everything that is important - the real meaning of Christmas and family!! What great family pictures you got and I am so glad you had this time with your dad.

    Sending lots of warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audrey, what a wonderful post.
    I'm so happy your father was able to spend the holiday with all of you and I love that you hold the birth of baby Jesus first in the celebration.
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family looks so happy. I am so happy you got to spend Christmas with your sweet father and whole family!

    Hugs, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great Christmas with your families. Just love the toothless smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sure was a great Christmas!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete