Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let it snow


Today is a snow day. I love having the kids home. We are lucky that Our school district called school last night so there wasn't any getting up early only to find out you can go back to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday we went into Boston . We went to the presidents brunch at Simmons college. My daughter has been accepted there. She was awarded the deans scholarship which would pay 1/2 the tuition. How nice . She hasn't decided , but we went to check things out.
The high lite of the outing was afterwards we went to China town to eat. We found a place that served Korean food and really enjoyed it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Christmas decorating is underway as Matthew decided to decorate my feather tree.

He was so proud of himself, I had to leave it like this. After all isn't this smile what Christmas is all about??

We finally got a tree. We chose to get a real one this year. It smells so good.

We decided to make the ornaments this year instead of pulling out the family ones.
Matthew and I made dough ones and cut them out in shapes of stars and mini gingerbread men. This is the recipe I used.

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup cinnamon
2 cups vanilla

I put it all in a zip lock bag and kneaded the dough inside the bag. I added a little extra vanilla till it was the right consistency. I then dusted the counter with cinnamon and rolled out the dough and cut to shapes. I used a tooth pick to add a hole for stringing and baked in oven at 300. time depending on size and thickness.
They smell heavenly!!

I thought we could make more ornaments today as we all are snowed in. However play station has won out and I am doing it myself. I made the candy cups out of Pete cups for gardening, I love all the different things you can do with these. I just added wire for hanging . tucked in a little red tissue and added gum drops .
My tree is sad but I am sure as the Holiday approaches the kids will come around and we will add to it.

Hope you all are making the most of your day.

3 comments:

  1. I used to love snow days from school. Now I worry about my adult kids driving to work. It was more fun when we stayed in and made cocoa and dids arts and crafts made tents out of blankets and the dining room table.

    Congrats to your daughter !! That is awesome!

    What a great idea using the peat pots and the cinnamon ornaments.I can smell it from here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey I love these pictures! The tree looks beautiful and I loved seeing the Boston pictures.

    I had a hard time focusing on your Christmas tree though - I was too busy looking at my nephew's handsome smile. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey,
    Your Christmas tree looks terrific all decorated. Nice job!
    I love the picture of my little buddy decorating the feather tree, boy is he cute in his shorts! Good work Mattie! I'm looking forward to seeing all of your Christmas decorations soon.

    ReplyDelete