Friday, November 13, 2009

Holiday recipe swap



It is Friday again already. Time goes by so quick. When I was growing up we lived down the road from a nursing home. I have so many memories of the wonderful ladies there.I would pick flowers, mostly weeds ,and deliver them so proudly. I would sit and listen to stories and share laughs. One thing they would tell me is the older you get the faster time goes. It seemed so silly at the time , now I understand so well.
Last week I stopped at the Salvation Army. I see how others pick up so many great re do items .I thought I would check things out.
I did find 3 small wooden bowls like the ones sold recently on APP. Perfect for a paint job.
The week has passed and they still sit unfinished.Maybe today will be the day.
I also stumbled onto a yard sale. I really haven't been to many this year . The season is over so what a treat. I found a small, real braided rug in brown,a
old wooden spoon, and other small goodies.


I noticed a chair but from past yard sales there I didn't think the price would be good .
We all know I don't need another chair! I left it. However I went out later that morning and had to stop and look once more. I sat in the chair and it was not too big, not too small, just right! LOL... the man said I will throw this second one in as well....we all know I can't resist a chair. Did I mention they are red????


Being Friday it is time to post my recipe for the Home made Holiday swap hosted by colleen over at andbabymakesfive-colleen.blogspot.com
I found this recipe in a Gooseberry patch cookbook "Celebrate Autumn".

Breakfast Butternut Squash
1 LB BUTTERNUT SQUASH, peeled, seeded and sliced
2T.vegetable oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. ginger root ,grated
1 c broccoli flowerets
1/2 c. celery, sliced
1 t. fresh onion, finely chopped
1 T.lemon juice
2 t.honey

Stir-fry the sliced squash (1/4- inch slices) in the vegetable oil over medium-high heat,along with the garlic,and ginger root for about 3 minutes. Add broccoli,celery and onion and saute' 3-4 mins longer,until vegetables are crisp-tender.Combine lemon juice with honey and toss into vegetables. You may top with sunflower seeds or raisins if desired.
Serve as side dish. Goes well with eggs or pancakes.


I leave you with this picture of the flowers my husband brought home to me. They are called pin cushion. I think they are so neat. The petals feel and look plastic. So pretty I just loved them.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE those red chairs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - you are a sucker for chairs my friend! Those have real potential!

    What neat flowers - they are kewl!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic at the top.. the basket with snowballs (are they covered in plaster?.. I was going to try that but wasn't sure about it).. and the light is so pretty as well. Funny about the chairs, I found one exactly like it at a yard sale in the summer (I mean the smaller one on the right), seems to be the same shade of red! I paid $2, painted it black and it's still sitting in my shed.. lol. Like you, I can't pass up wooden chairs. The shed is now home to 3!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my best friend,
    I love your chairs you got!Your Honey is so cute, he is a keeper, just like my Honey~!. I can't wait for all of us to get together!!!!
    Love you my friend,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete