Monday, October 12, 2009

My chair obsession








I don't know when it started but maybe it was just passed down from my Mother. She too has a love for chairs. Always pointing them out and sitting in them just to check if her feet will touch the ground.

When I was little my parents bought a summer cottage. On the enclosed screen porch they had wicker rocking chairs they would sit in and listen to country music at night. One day my father brought home a small wicker chair for me. I still have this chair and I treasure it along with those memories.



I find myself owning far more chairs then I have room for. Some are banished to the attic until I find the room. However I still seek them out at every tag sale and second hand store. Just the other day I saw one I just loved. It was priced well but I thought where could I put it?? It is 5 days later and I keep wondering if it is still there?

Here are just a few of my favorites










/QxPopbEkCjg/s320/chairs+003.jpg" />

8 comments:

  1. Woooo Hooo, a girl after my own heart! I love an old chair too! They can fill an empty spot with just the right amount to charm! Love your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chair fanatic too, I always look for the smaller chairs whenever I'm out and about:) Love each and everyone of yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too many chairs too! Some I don't even allow people to sit in - that's bad!! I love all of yours - especially the small wicker one. What a treasure to have that from your childhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful collection for sure...I love them all.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two chairs similar to one of yours. My parents kept it at the back door so Dad could use it for taking his shoes off or putting them on. He is gone now. I will never get rid of that chair. Such a very cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got too many chairs as well! Finding out about the babies right before my garage sale, I made myself share some of them. I'm trying to stick to smaller ones that I hang on the wall or use for height on cupboards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found the best collections of rocking chairs on spacify.com

    ReplyDelete